Tuesday 19 February 2013

Safe Place...

I haven't been sleeping much recently (less than usual for those who know me) and it gives someone with an over active brain like mine, EVEN more time to ponder life.  I had a stroll down memory lane and thought about the people I have known and the friends I have lost and how sad and dark some of their lives must have been.  They felt like they had no one to turn to.  I went through it all growing up, so I understand how at times it feels like you just want to curl up into a ball and disappear and if no one cares enough to pull you out of the darkness, then you feel like there's no way out.  Which brings me back to a post on an old blog of mine titled 'Safe Places' and something I said a while back. 


"I have pinched the above image from One Tree Hill, who in turn pinched the words from a John Mayer song, but it represents a feeling that is often hard to find these days.

I know I am a creator, and that side of me you see through my work and my website, but the side of me you can't see is the people collector side. I tend to collect people as I travel through life, they tend to be people who are lonely or are in a low place. I hate to see people sat alone at lunch times when it is not through choice and to see people being left out or bullied.

I would one day like this to be a safe place, a happy place for you to be. Whether you know me in person or just see my work and posts online, I want it to remind you that you are not alone and that there is always someone here for those days when the dark clouds just seem too heavy to bear alone.

Don't ever let anyone tell you or make you feel like you are not strong. We know you are"


Thinking about these people who lost themselves and weren't helped makes my heart cry.  I am not a psychologist or councillor.  I have an A-Level, but that doesn't really mean much.  But I have life experience.  I understand depression and anxiety and fear and worry.  I don't want anyone else to be lost because they have nowhere to turn.  You have me.  I may just be a virtual presence, but I am here.  I may not have magic, but I can listen.  I may not be a doctor, but I can try and help you heal emotionally.

You aren't alone. 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing to write :( I have myself been to many dark and painful places its very hard to find someone who understands and you truly do :) it's nice to know when I'm struggling to find light at the end of the tunnel there's people like you burning little candles of compassion to help show the way thankyou
    Beckie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone in this and it's hard knowing that some people would still be here today if someone had just asked if they were ok or given them a hug.

      My virtual presence isn't much I know, but I am here and I do listen. I hope you are ok xx

      Delete
  2. I have almost given up on life so many times now I have my little girl things are brighter she gives me a reason to live :) doesn't stop the shadows creeping in round the edges though :( have been through a rough patch recently but I'm getting there slowly
    Thankyou for caring xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you have found some happiness, your little girl is a good reason to smile each day. Creating life is a wonderful thing. Don't you let those dark clouds creep in. Stay strong like I know you are <3 xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you penny :) I'm a fighter I know that otherwise I wouldn't be here now :) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete